white dots = snail eggs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
today i got fish after 1 month of my tank cycleing and i saw these little white dots, 4 of them on opposite sides of my tank they look to be curled up and one has these little feather type hairs on it (i think brine shrimp that i feed my anemone got stuck to it) i took a few pics but i cant seem to get the details of the insides

the last one is just to show how small they are
img_1891549_0_9adc33a8a028178e6b196785bfd729e8.jpg

img_1891549_1_32ea29ceca8adae84db61ecaeef92092.jpg

img_1891549_2_6c52844c7439b559fd3e20ba2517a01a.jpg

these are all on the glass and currently i have 3 turbo snails, 3 electric blue crabs and 1 bubble tip anemone

if there not snail eggs what should i do about them and are they a threat to my clown fish which i just bought today?

Snail eggs.

Attachments

• image-148011436.jpg
    image-148011436.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 205
Not a pro on this but it could be feather worms I have a lot of those in my tank. There tiny and white and if you look close you could see the lil feather going in and out.

I actually saw my snail depositing these onto the glass.

i cant see any feathers going in or out there just on the top of it

in your pic theres like 10 i only have 2 and there on opposite sides of the tank

"look to be curled up and one has these little feather type hairs on it" This is the dead giveaway. Spiroid worms. Harmless little filter feeders that pop up seemingly out of nowhere. They were one of the first things to appear in my tank when new. Google Spiroid worms and you'll find close up shots to verify the ID.

yup thats what they look like "spiroid worms" what should i do about them will they just go away or do i have to force them out?

Do about them? If they bother you, scrape them off with a razor blade. I only do this on the front of the tank. I let them grow pretty much anywhere else they want. They're harmless, and I find the microfauna just as interesting as the fish and inverts we pay money for.

Back
Top Bottom