Why do fish die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know it's a funny question, but how is it that some fish just die? I mean, fish that are in water with 0 ammonia/nitrites, proper temps, food, etc. They seem to do fine, and all of a sudden they die, sometimes in one day, sometimes over a week. I've lost 4 or so fish like this and I have no idea why. Is there something key that I'm missing?

There has to be a reason, they can't "just die" right?

--Adeeb

There is a lot of reasons. Sometimes your PH is not right for the fish and they just cant adapt that fast and they die. Or they are very stressed from a move or getting bought and are just to stressed out from being moved or something that they once again die. Or if you have recently rearrange they could have hit their head on the new decorations this has happened to me and my fish did die. Or its just that like us they are old and die

Well no, I mean fish that are established, healthy and not old. Maybe it's just me, I must have bad luck. But most of the time, when I lose fish, it's for no apparent reason.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom