Wish me luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The water started climbing up..http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/Nigel_Koebel/IMG_2463_zpskvrn1n2a.jpg

Pouring into the overflows...http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/Nigel_Koebel/IMG_2446_zps5ggvqdzy.jpg

It all looked perfect until I turned the pump on. As soon as it came on the return lines started a constant drip where they attach to the bulkheads. I'm so **** stupid, though. I have been working on this for so long piece by piece and was on such a roll that night that I forgot to put Teflon tape around the threaded fittings....and then I cemented everything to them hahaha. So now I'm either going to cut out and redo that piece, or I may try using this Bondo fiberglass repair kit I have to just seal up the leak. I know people have used it in their tanks for creating displays.

Well I got it! http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/Nigel_Koebel/IMG_2496_zpsjlyimdlp.jpg

I just used the Bondo Fiberglas repair kit to seal the leaks. Have been running it with paper towels under the pipes and no drips.

Going to work on getting my equipment from my other tank and start seeding this media so I can go on and move my fish here. The wood all began floating and separating apart as it filled so I'll need to work on getting it back a way I like.

What's going to swim in that beast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finallyyyyyyy. It took forever for me to coordinate picking them up from where they were being temporarily held.

Got them acclimated and got them in there. I wasn't able to bring any of my plants along so it's pretty barren as of right now, but they're definitely seeming to dig the extra space.

Unfortunately it was a bit of a rush job and, halfway into my long drive back to my city with all my fish, realized that I completely forgot all the old biomedia and seeded material I had left. I ended up having to go back the next day to get that. Ammonia has been reading .25 so I'm just doing partial water changes each day until the colony builds back up a bit. Tank has cleared up and they're all good though.

Got the water cleared up a bit, lights set. Rainbows have already started trying to breed like crazy.

I like it without plants. I would just do some rocks with the driftwood. What kind of branch is that?

Hah I didn't see the poly in there ...
Do you think he will behave?
I had a polypterus in with my clown knife for like 5 years.He was the only thing the knife who was 16 inches didn't kill...I kind of chalked it up to both be active at night so no real sneaking around was possible..

I like it without plants. I would just do some rocks with the driftwood. What kind of branch is that?

I do too honestly. I just feel bad for the **** fish haha. They're so used to a tank with plants I feel like I'm depriving them of something now. The wood is all from manzanita-driftwood.com, I got three or four different branches and kind of pieced them together.

Nigel... Cool tank! [emoji41]

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Hah I didn't see the poly in there ...
Do you think he will behave?
I had a polypterus in with my clown knife for like 5 years.He was the only thing the knife who was 16 inches didn't kill...I kind of chalked it up to both be active at night so no real sneaking around was possible..

Haha I contemplated rehoming these fish and dedicating it to a clown knife. All the fish (aside from four of the a. Heckelii) have been together for over a year and I've had no issues really. I think the lack of hiding spots and overhead cover is freaking her out a bit which is another reason I'm wanting some plants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom