Would frozen fertilizer still be ok to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question for you guys... I received a bottle of API Leafzone liquid plant fertilizer in the mail today and it was left outside to freeze and broke the seal leaking some out. The bottle wasn't fully frozen but I wasn't sure if any of the ingredients would be harmed from that happening. Seeing as it's only a $10 product I'm not going to bother returning it or anything. But if it won't do the job as well Ill have to get another. I'm assuming it should be fine if shaken up before use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just a quick question for you guys... I received a bottle of API Leafzone liquid plant fertilizer in the mail today and it was left outside to freeze and broke the seal leaking some out. The bottle wasn't fully frozen but I wasn't sure if any of the ingredients would be harmed from that happening. Seeing as it's only a $10 product I'm not going to bother returning it or anything. But if it won't do the job as well Ill have to get another. I'm assuming it should be fine if shaken up before use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From memory that's iron and potassium? I can't think of a problem but we don't get those sort of temps here.

I have had terrestrial fertilizer that we would leave outside in the shed all winter in the New England winters and never had a problem liquids and granular. Alison

Back
Top Bottom