Would i have any issues with this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a biocube29. 2 clowns. Yellow tail damsel and purple dottyback. Could there be any issue adding a Orange Tail Fiji puffer?

I also have some crabs and snails. I found some info where they might eat them?

What kind of set up is it? The only reason I ask is because these fish are super messy! I have a similar and you should see the amount of poo that comes out! I know they say min 30g but my guy likes to swim long distances too. I wouldn't recommend it as you seem quite stocked already. I would go for a smaller fish with less bio load. And yes, they will eat snails, shrimp and crabs...

Yes and just a couple corals. Levels have always been 0. But i was worried he would eat them so prob not the best fish. Are all puffers like that?

I believe all puffers are like that yes. I just got this little guy, super active and eats algae!

Attachments

• image-3971887178.jpg
    image-3971887178.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 69
No, he is a rainsfords goby. You ever thought of getting rid of the damsel? I also have a purple fire fish which is a great addition too but they are pretty shy and I fear would get bossed about by a damsel.

Gonna have to check that out. He is cool. Really i hear all the horror stories. Has never picked at any of the fish once. Actually none of my fish have. Chance he might have to go but he has never caused any issue. My understanding is the yellow tail is less aggressive. I had seen a couple firefish. But with all the fish i have he could get bossed around.

Also known as the court jester goby???? Looks like he has a blue tail. One i am seeing online doesnt.

Ahh ok i wondered. Looked clear. Its almost maxed fish wise so want to make sure i get a good one;-)

Well I am pretty happy with him (my last fish also in my 55g) does nice work on the algae and is always on show. They are quite small too so would think (apart from possible damsel aggression issues) that he would be a good addition to your tank. They are not as shy as the firefish that's for sure.

Having said that, firefish are awesome but I would go for the purple (I also have one of these) sometimes called decora fire fish. They are a bit bigger than other fire fish. These two are my only fish that hang out front and centre :)

Attachments

• image-1142560805.jpg
    image-1142560805.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom