Would like some feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadeGreen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!

So I'm currently in the process of cycling my newly acquired 65 gallon aquarium before I add fish to it. In the process of the cycle getting completed (which I know will be a couple of weeks still) I'm going to be looking for some driftwood to add to it.

Once the cycle is completed, I plan on plating some Amazon Swords and Java Fern. I'm not the most experienced aquarist when it comes to plants, so I wanted to start with some very simple plants.

As far as the actual fish go, I plan on eventually having 4 Angelfish, 4-5 Julii Cories, 2 German Blue Rams, and a school of anywhere between 10 and 15 bloodfin tetras.

What do you all think of my plan? I'd love to get feedback.

I thought that the spikes of ammonia wouldn't be good for the plants? If they should be fine, I'd have no problem adding the plants sooner rather than later.

I thought that the spikes of ammonia wouldn't be good for the plants? If they should be fine, I'd have no problem adding the plants sooner rather than later.

I cycled my tank with plants and they all did well. It is also when I began decorating lol and trying to figure out where I want things. Plus when you do get fish, your plants are grown in for them =)

Sounds good except for the 4 angels. It's definitely not a good idea to keep a group of angels in the same tank long term. Are you trying to find a breeding pair then planning to re-home the others?

As they get older they get more aggressive towards each other. A breeding pair will be especially aggressive towards others

It would be cool if I do happen to get a breeding pair, but not something I'm necessarily trying for. Would it be better to make it two then?

Plants actually use ammonia and nitrates so adding them now is a good idea.

As for the angels I'd still start with 4. If you end up planting the tank rather heavily and use a couple Amazon Swords there could be enough room for 4 to co-exsist even in you get a pair. I currently have 12 adult angels, not all paired, in a 100% planted 220g. When a tank is large enough with enough big plants to break the line of sight and give the angels enough room for a territory you may not have too many issues. Alot just depends on the individual angels personalities.

Plants actually use ammonia and nitrates so adding them now is a good idea.

As for the angels I'd still start with 4. If you end up planting the tank rather heavily and use a couple Amazon Swords there could be enough room for 4 to co-exsist even in you get a pair. I currently have 12 adult angels, not all paired, in a 100% planted 220g. When a tank is large enough with enough big plants to break the line of sight and give the angels enough room for a territory you may not have too many issues. Alot just depends on the individual angels personalities.
Thanks. That was along the line of information that I had thought I'd read before. I'll be prepared to re-home them if necessary, of course. Don't need any of them getting beat up if something does come up.

Back
Top Bottom