Yellow lab with almost no fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up to find this guy. He has always gotten picked on but never close to this. His tail fin is down to his body and his side fins ( I don't know what they're called) are close to his body too. One of the has blood showing. He's also missing a few spines is his dorsal fin. I drip acclimated him to my 20h planted tank and left him in a net sitting in there so he can't attack anybody. Is there any hope for him? What should I do? I have a QT but no heater for it.

Attachments

• image-3988513613.jpg
    image-3988513613.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3224364153.jpg
    image-3224364153.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 69
I'd put him into a QT with some aquarium salt. As long as your house is staying warm I think he'll be okay without a heater till he heals or you are able to go buy one, but he really needs to be out of the display tank to avoid any more injuries.
If you have something you can float him in or a large breeding net that may be another option.

I woke up to find this guy. He has always gotten picked on but never close to this. His tail fin is down to his body and his side fins ( I don't know what they're called) are close to his body too. One of the has blood showing. He's also missing a few spines is his dorsal fin. I drip acclimated him to my 20h planted tank and left him in a net sitting in there so he can't attack anybody. Is there any hope for him? What should I do? I have a QT but no heater for it.

If he's always been picked on you should have moved him earlier.............

A week or two in a qt he should be fine. This happened to my red zebra after a few weeks alone he came back stronger and re took over the tank, crazy.

Thanks everybody! I'll try to pick up some salt today. When I said picked on before I meant he's been chased around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom