Zoas turning brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed one of my zoas has some brown debris hanging from it and the base is starting to look a little brown. Does anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going on leave in 2 days and my lfs doesn't sale anything anything other then very basic saltwater supplies. I'm worried because I'm going to be a thousand miles away in 48 hours :-(.

I did a 2 minute dip with 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts sw hopefully that helps

Better pic

I blew it off with a syringe hopefully it doesn't come back while I'm gone.

That look like a form of dinoflagelatte...

I know this is not the treatement for dinos, but try a drip in iodine, then into peroxyde. Peroxyde will kill the dinos on the zoa.

Before my first dino outbreak, my zoa turned brown like that. Take a turkey baster to try to remove the brown slime. It worked with a toothbrush for me. Watch your eyes when doing this, this will stress them and they may squirt toxic liquid.

I'm saying dinos because of the tiny bubbles on the brown slime. On the first pic I see a stringy slime, like a dino... If you have what I think, it's a real good pest, I'm fighting them since 2 months without results.

That look like a form of dinoflagelatte...

I know this is not the treatement for dinos, but try a drip in iodine, then into peroxyde. Peroxyde will kill the dinos on the zoa.

Before my first dino outbreak, my zoa turned brown like that. Take a turkey baster to try to remove the brown slime. It worked with a toothbrush for me. Watch your eyes when doing this, this will stress them and they may squirt toxic liquid.

I'm saying dinos because of the tiny bubbles on the brown slime. On the first pic I see a stringy slime, like a dino... If you have what I think, it's a real good pest, I'm fighting them since 2 months without results.

Thanks for the help hopefully it's not to serious I dropped in peroxide then squirted it off with a syringe. It came off pretty easy so hopefully it's not to bad.

Thanks for the help hopefully it's not to serious I dropped in peroxide then squirted it off with a syringe. It came off pretty easy so hopefully it's not to bad.

If it's dinos, you can get huge outbreak...

It's looking good so far

Back
Top Bottom