120g Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragon.goby

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need help coming up with ideas for stocking my tank. I want a cichlid tank but not a bunch of small ones. I want more or less bigger ones. I would also want a pleco in the tank as I really do have a love for them. You think a common pleco would be okay with cichlids?

I'm trying to do the same. Check out my thread I posted

Fufu

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Common would be fine with most big cichlids barring Dovii that kind of thing.For that size of tank I'd recommend JD'S ,Salvini,Convicts,firemouths, not all together obviously.

It's hit and miss with medium to large American cichlids I've had 2 X 3" convicts in 220 gallons and one has gone on a mission to kill the other but then again I've had large Oscars that don't bother each other at all.Just be prepared to remove a fish if it goes south.

If you mean personality/aggression and not space, then, yes, you should be fine as long as you stay away from the well known super aggressive genuses like Chiclasoma, Parachromis, etc.

If you mean personality/aggression and not space, then, yes, you should be fine as long as you stay away from the well known super aggressive genuses like Chiclasoma, Parachromis, etc.

Cichlasoma is all but gone, minus amazonarum at this point. Just want to throw that out there.

A 120 would be good for a pair of the medium/larger centrals, but I personally wouldn't do any more than a pair depending on the species. Amphilophus hogaboomorum would be the species of personally go with

Cichlasoma is all but gone, minus amazonarum at this point. Just want to throw that out there.

A 120 would be good for a pair of the medium/larger centrals, but I personally wouldn't do any more than a pair depending on the species. Amphilophus hogaboomorum would be the species of personally go with

What about beani, festae and grammodes?

Thanks for linking it HUKIT

Grammodes is now in a new genus, Chiapaheros

Festae are in mesoheros

Beanii were in nandopsis last I knew, but haven't seen where they have ended up now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom