150g Demasoni options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about maingano and ele yellows? I have both in my tank but have other fish too. The mainganos have awesome deep blue. Also if you want a lighter blue the cobalt blue zebras with elec yellow labs.

Saulosi. Males are blue w black barring and females are yellow. I know you are against more than 10, but I would make an exception and get 3males and 9 females. So you can still get a good color mix. How new to Cichlids are you? Just so I know what I should break down for you.

Brand new, but I do have the help of a 20 year experienced aquarist. My thing was not having 30 fish in the tank, but these numbers you gave me work. :D

Auratus males have great blue and yellow coloring although they're highly aggressive sometimes so finding one that'd work would he key

xmattlongx said:
Are Saulosi good with Kuhlis? How are they with live plants?

Idk about kuhlis but I know they are fine with clowns and yoyos. Also look into synodontis catfish. I have synodontis petricola and yoyo loaches. What kind of substrate do you have? They will eat most plants but there are a couple they wont. Google cichlid plants 102

Idk about kuhlis but I know they are fine with clowns and yoyos. Also look into synodontis catfish. I have synodontis petricola and yoyo loaches. What kind of substrate do you have? They will eat most plants but there are a couple they wont. Google cichlid plants 102

I haven't got the tank set up because I'm trading my 125g long for the 150g tall, reason being my gfs dad needs a longer tank for his arowana. I'm going to use black sand though.

Try pseudotropheus saulosi. The males resemble demasoni's (to a certain extent) and the females are solid yellowish (both of the colors you're looking for in a single species).

Plus saulosi's are not as aggressive as demasoni's so you don't need to maintain a colony of them; they're also considered 'dwarf' mbuna's and aren't as large as many mbuna's.

Try pseudotropheus saulosi. The males resemble demasoni's (to a certain extent) and the females are solid yellowish (both of the colors you're looking for in a single species).

Plus saulosi's are not as aggressive as demasoni's so you don't need to maintain a colony of them; they're also considered 'dwarf' mbuna's and aren't as large as many mbuna's.

Do you know how they are with Kuhli loaches and plants?

xmattlongx said:
I haven't got the tank set up because I'm trading my 125g long for the 150g tall, reason being my gfs dad needs a longer tank for his arowana. I'm going to use black sand though.

Just anchor your plants bc they will dig in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom