150g Demasoni options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmattlongx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a new 150g tank dimensions are 48 x 30 x 25 Tall. I love the way Demasoni look but what yellows could I add that wouldn't get bigger?

What should be my stocking numbers for each? I want there to be no more than 10 fish in the tank if possible.

xmattlongx said:
What should be my stocking numbers for each? I want there to be no more than 10 fish in the tank if possible.

In a 150 gal I would put 20 demasonis and at least 10 yellow labs. You could do way more though.

Would 5 of each not be enough? I understand I can put more in my tank, but I don't want an over crowded looking tank like I've seen on youtube and in pictures.

Demasoni need to be kept in groups of at least 10-12. 1male to 3-4females. 20 wouldn't look crowded in a 150 imo. I have that in my 75...

My point is you have one area with rocks, you have 30 fish in a tank, not everyone has a place. Hence the over crowded look.

I hear ya. I have alot of cichlid stoned mixed with real rock caves, but I like all the movement. The dems need to be in a big group to help quell their aggression. Any less and the dominant will usually kill the rest so im told (by many credible sources).

I dont see how with that many fish they can even be enjoyed, I hate cramped looking tanks. Any other suggestions on fish with less numbers required?

I want smaller fish. Demasoni preferably but if I have to go buy 20 just to have them, its not worth the dent to my wallet. I would rather put a small fish in a huge tank and watch it enjoy its kingdom than watch a big fish just float around.

150 gallon tank

Dimensions:48 x 30 x 25 Tall

Looking for a pretty cichlid with both blue and yellow variations. That wont get bigger than 5 inches and can be in a group less than 10.

electric yellow lab and acei cichlids? (idk anything about cichlids but from what i've read this would work)

It is recommended to keep acei in a minimum of 6 ft. long tank as they need lots of room to swim..

Saulosi. Males are blue w black barring and females are yellow. I know you are against more than 10, but I would make an exception and get 3males and 9 females. So you can still get a good color mix. How new to Cichlids are you? Just so I know what I should break down for you.

No on the Acei for sure... They need a 6 foot tank.... AVID swimmers . Awesome fish tho.

One thing is that this150 is a 4 foot tank. The footprint is what is important when dealing with cichlids. they need the space to form their territories. This lessons aggression etc. 3 groups of 1 male- 3 or 4 would be fine and would not look over crowded.

Back
Top Bottom