29 gallon chiclid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been thinking of setting up a 29 gallon chiclid tank, I was thinking of four or five with maybe 3 Cory's, and 2 otocinclus, I was thinking these, they only get to be 4 or 5 inches big so?
1 yellow lab
1 acei chicli
1 jewel chiclid
1 bumblebee
3 julii Cory's
3 otocinclus
How does this sound
Maybe an electric blue too( these are 25 dollars, so)

Cory's don't work out with the aggressive mbunas. They get eaten in my tank.

:/ ok, do these chiclids work, I believe they are 4 with the electric blue added 5

Also jewel cichlids aren't supposed to be with other lake Malawi cichlids.

Bumblebees get waay to big and aggressive.

Rethink your stocking.

Try Bolivian or Blue Rams. They can be kept with the korys also. They're nice and you could get fish

Acei's can get really big too, mine got to 6 inches and i've seen others that were larger.

Ok, so what cichlids would you recommend that go in my tank, how about 2 peacocks, two yellow labs, 2 German blues?

German rams are fine, but not with yellow labs, peacocks, acei, bumblebee, or electric blue.

I wouldn't put any Africans in the tank. They get quiet large. 29 gallon is too small.

Here's the thing with african cichlids. They get big, and they are MEAN. The only way you can put off the meanness, is too overstock, but over stocking is hard to do with the small tank. Africans should be kept in 55 minimum.

Ok, I'm planning on putting an angel with two GBR's in there, and a group of 5 neon tetras, is there what would be another type of ram to put in there, like my angel is black, the neon tetras red and blue, my Germans blue, something that would be green or yellow?

You could probably keep:

1 male convict cichlid
1 female convict cichlid
6 great danios

This is what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom