40gal breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cilantro

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm deciding to take down my twenty gallon with my bolivian rams and get a 40gal breeder so what do you think of this stocking
4 bolivian rams(2 pairs)
6 eyespot rasboras
5 cherry barbs
3 pitbull PLECOS (maybe 5)
5 black neon tetras
And 5 cardinal tetras

A bit ud be better off dropping 2 schools the barbs and neons and adding a few to the other 2 but that's Jmo more opinions would be good

And having 2 pairs of rams could get a bit aggressive probably better off gettin a single male and some females or no females all males

What do you mean by song two more schools like add more of the same fish oradd a diffrent school of barbs

Cilantro said:
What do you mean by song two more schools like add more of the same fish oradd a diffrent school of barbs

Songs? I mean u should prob only have two schools in there and the neons r a bit small for the rams and the barbs r a lil to nippy

Cilantro said:
So I'm deciding to take down my twenty gallon with my bolivian rams and get a 40gal breeder so what do you think of this stocking
4 bolivian rams(2 pairs)
6 eyespot rasboras
5 cherry barbs
3 pitbull PLECOS (maybe 5)
5 black neon tetras
And 5 cardinal tetras

There's isn't enough floor space IMO for 2 pairs of rams. I would stick to one type of schooler around 10-12 fish. I would only add 1 pleco.

Here it is

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111018_123351.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111018_123351.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20111018_123401.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111018_123401.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 66
Wut else do u plan on adding? Gonna fill the schools out a lil more

Sounds like a good start just keep ur eyes on the rams... having 2 pairs can cause some aggression issues so if it should happen pick the best of the 2 males and rehome the other so u got a 1/2 on the rams

Hello. I am going to chime in here. IMO, I think a 40b is enough space for 2 breeding pairs of rams. I think you would be fine as long as you have enough caves for each pair to be able to claim half the tank, I don't think there should be issue. Of course, you should always keep an eye on any spawning fish to signs of aggression, but it sounds like you are doing that.
Also, you were right to say 3 pitbull plecos. They need friends, so you shouldn't just own 1. 2-3 is the miniumum for them.
As for the schools, I see you plan to stick with 2 schools that are bigger, so that sounds good.:)

Yea I'm planning ti actually buy alot of plants to break the line of sight and woyld flower pots be good
I keep flower pots for my bolivians and they love them. Some I broke the bottom out of, some a I left intact. Different fish seem to have different preferences as far as that goes IME.

Back
Top Bottom