75 gal - 1 Oscar, 1 Severum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janky

Aquarium Advice Freak
Too small?

I can rehome a buddy's oscar, but he's a beast already.. about 9"
I talked to another guy who wanted to give away a really good looking oscar for free, but he's 12".

I also really like the severums and found some awesome looking ones cheap. I would want 1 or 2 (but I feel like 2 is out of the question).
The ones I found were 4" - 5" or so.

Right now the tank just has my hi-fin spotted pleco in it. He's about 6".

Can an oscar and a severum fit in a 75 gal? Bad idea? Pushin it?

In my honest opinion thats pushing it with fish like that, But if you decide to do it just know its a bad idea to add anything else. I would to see a pic of the oscar lol

Yeah.
I'll be transferring schools come winter, so once we find out where we're staying we may be able to get a bigger tank - but I'm not sure, could be just a 75 for a while.

We want a big monster fish, but if I take the free oscar it's already 12" as it is. The 75 might be a little less than ideal for him by himself, huh?

I guess I could hold out and see about the 9" one or just look into a pair of adult severums?

I dunno...

(I'll see if I can get a pic of the oscar, the guy took down the CL ad.)

It would be best if you
Got one or the other, They could maybe work together but that is pushing it ever so slightly, its really a risk it will either work, or it wont its hard for me to tell lol

Yeah, understandable. I'm not looking for a definite "yes" or "no", just more of a "this is a terrible idea" or "this may work if they get along".

If anything I'm mostly concerned with them both having enough space :)

Ok, thank you for being honest. I'll reconsider maybe just the oscar then.

After looking we decided to go with the oscar. Loved this guy right off the bat, and he was free :D

img_1996912_0_a920538afc1c0902f30b5d03a9d0e19c.jpg

Thanks, yeah his orange is awesome looking.
He's still in his shy phase, but if we leave him alone he ventures around the tank. I'm glad I picked him :)

Back
Top Bottom