75 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peekchurs? Of tank setup. My 75 was TOXICCCC for a long while bc I was impatient. And put ammonia resins in and my BB didn't have food to grow so when the resins ran out the ammonia exploded And I have a poop machine Oscar

Peekchurs? Of tank setup. My 75 was TOXICCCC for a long while bc I was impatient. And put ammonia resins in and my BB didn't have food to grow so when the resins ran out the ammonia exploded And I have a poop machine Oscar
60630-albums9586-picture38797.jpg

:dance:O YEAAAAA! Nitrites are finally comming down. Today ammonia-.25 and nitrite-2.....what a relief....So happy I ordered the angels plus active filters(y)

So my ammonia and nitrites zeroed...I redosed to about 3ppm and today ammonia was 1 and nitrite was .25!
Here is some of the stock I am thinking.
3-orange back afra cobue
4-yellow labs
3-ob peacocks m/f
3-dragonblood peacocks m/f

In the future looking at ruby red peacocks and a blue dolphin or 2. Is this a ok stock list?

I don't believe you're supposed to mix mbuna with peacocks, but I may be mistaken, maybe some else can clarify that

Freakgecko91 - I believe if the tank is large enough for instance a 90gal then peacocks and mbuna are able to co exist but if the were to be put into a small tank say 50gal then the peacocks being the less aggresive species would be attacked and stressed out.

For the stock i would reccommend Julidochromis species. These are Lake Tangaynikan species that stay relatively small around 3 - 6 inches. And you could quite a lot to the tank Species such as
Dickfeldi
Transcriptus
Regani
Merileri
Other species that can co exist in the same tank with these guys are
Altolamprologus species
Daffodil Princess Cichlid
N.Brichardi
Tropheus
Hope this gives you something to think about :D

Jason7894561230 said:
Freakgecko91 - I believe if the tank is large enough for instance a 90gal then peacocks and mbuna are able to co exist but if the were to be put into a small tank say 50gal then the peacocks being the less aggresive species would be attacked and stressed out.

For the stock i would reccommend Julidochromis species. These are Lake Tangaynikan species that stay relatively small around 3 - 6 inches. And you could quite a lot to the tank Species such as
Dickfeldi
Transcriptus
Regani
Merileri
Other species that can co exist in the same tank with these guys are
Altolamprologus species
Daffodil Princess Cichlid
N.Brichardi
Tropheus
Hope this gives you something to think about :D

Agree with all but the tropheus they can be very aggressive and ideally need to be in groups of 15 plus or there's a good chance only one tropheus will remain after a time.

So the tank completed the cycle and I now have Mbuna in it. My stock goes as following and I am open to criticism and suggestions. I know I have some aggressives in there but I am going to keep an eye on them and make changes as necessary.
4-yellow labs
2-kenyi
2-yellow tail acei
2-albino red top zebras
2-red zebras
2-melanochromis auratus

So the tank completed the cycle and I now have Mbuna in it. My stock goes as following and I am open to criticism and suggestions. I know I have some aggressives in there but I am going to keep an eye on them and make changes as necessary.
4-yellow labs
2-kenyi
2-yellow tail acei
2-albino red top zebras
2-red zebras
2-melanochromis auratus

So one of my Kenyi is turning to yellow....this is neat. So far no real aggresion. Maybe a little chase once in a while but maybe for a foot and its done....no nipping or lip locking. I am holding off on more fish for now to see how it proggresses(y)

Well going against my previous statement, I went and got 2 more kenyi, they should be females. When I added them I turned off the lights and just before putting them in the tank I fed the other fish. Well my male and female kenyi that I had already don't like these two at all:( I ordered some of those stone caves from Dr. Foster and Smith. They should be here in a few days so I can add some more rock work. Hopefully they don't kill each other by then.

Ok....its been a long time comming but here is the finished tank!
60630-albums9586-picture40585.jpg

Comments and thoughts are appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom