75 gallon cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I was to get an Oscar what other types of fish could I keep with it.

Severum, jack dempsey, pleco, silver dollar, argus, blood parrot, pacu, tinfoil berb, bala shark, blue acara, convicts, fire mouth. There are so many options. These r all good tank mates for an oscar. Now debending on fish size u have to choose from them.

You want fish that can take the oscars bullying but not bully the oscar. Severum would be a good choice . I keep a pair with a oscar. Non cichlids would be leporinus, they grow to a nice size and will not put up with a oscars bullying. There are alot of others but you really never know how any will get along.

So could a stocking of

1 tiger Oscar
1 leporinus or severum
Raphael catfish

Or 1 tiger Oscar
1 firemouth
1 common pleco.

Both would work , the leporinus will really keep your tank clean so if you wanted to do without a catfish or pleco you could do a leporinus, sev or firemouth, and the oscar. I think the leporinus would be less bioload than a pleco and pick off the scraps really fast from the oscars messy eating before it gets into the filters and gravel.

Okay so how about a

Tiger Oscar
Leporinus
Firemouth with 50 percent weekly water changes.

For a final stocking.

Yup that's a good choice. But remember 50% wc a must when these guys get bigger.

That would work good the firemouth does not get huge but is a really cool fish , leporinus gets 12" but stays torpedo shaped , and the oscar will be the only really big fish. They should get along just keep a eye on them. Also try and find a good size firemouth because they will grow alot slower than the oscar.

Just found a really awesome fish the Senegal bichir are they compatible with oscars if so could I get

1 oscar
1 severum
1 Senegal bichir

The filtration will be a marineland emperor 400 and a fluval u4

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom