8-9" catfish syn angelicus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellowblaze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it okay to add a bigger catfish of size 8-9 inch synodontis angelicus in a 90 gallon tank now that has 3, 4 and 5" haps and peacocks? Size tank is 90 gallon 48x18x24....,thank you for the advice....

The Synodontis Angelicus are one of the more aggressive catfish. You may be better off with Synodontis Multipunctatus three or more or Synodonts Petricola three or more or the Lake Malawi Synodontis Njasse.
In my aquarium i keep four Multipunctatus, a Synodontis Decorus, a Synodontis Shoutedeni, and I added a small Synodontis Angelicus six months ago. There are no issues yet. In my 180 i keep haps and peacocks with the catfish. I have multiple tanks and know that I may have to move the Angelicus at some point. They are really cool looking.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you. More question, if you don't mind.....how do these catfish eat, do they just eat off of the bottom whatever food they find? Fish going on top to feed already have eaten all food.....

Catfish are fine eating left over food that the cichlids do not eat. I am not sure where you are located, however The Wet Spot Tropical Fish have a nice selection of catfish. I am in Canada and I have ordered from them.

Good luck

I'm from NJ....just started my liking to cichlids and new to hobby, now I'm beginning to like the blue Zaire frontosas too :)......any experience with keeping them?
I'll chi out wet spot tropical......

A friend breeds several species of Frontosa. I think they are cool. I have not yet ventured into Tanganikan Cichlids.

Catfish are not realy agressive. I OWN a Large synodontis. Hè lives in a Large tank About 180 gallon. But he doesn't use a lot of space. Size of fish is 8 inch. But there are more bigger fish in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom