African peacock for $1500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say the lemon jake for $1500 was bull. I've seen $250 or more for zebra plecos. Seen Asian aros into four digits, not that ya can have them legally in the U.S. Rapps had Iranian cichlids at $125@ for 1/2" fish a few years back, IIRC. Some of the deepwater marine fish go for crazy prices, especially the angelfish. The Waikiki aquarium has been offered $30,000 for their peppermint angel.

WYite

ive seen a conspicuous angelfish at my lfs for 3500 dollars i looked up online and the small ones go for 4500 and the bigger ones go for 2500

I'd say the lemon jake for $1500 was bull. I've seen $250 or more for zebra plecos. Seen Asian aros into four digits, not that ya can have them legally in the U.S. Rapps had Iranian cichlids at $125@ for 1/2" fish a few years back, IIRC. Some of the deepwater marine fish go for crazy prices, especially the angelfish. The Waikiki aquarium has been offered $30,000 for their peppermint angel.

WYite

A fish store near me had zebras for $499, that's seemed ridiculous

I have a friend that has spent a couple hundred on some discus. One shopping spree he spent $1200.. I don't understand how he does it

I see wild betta macrostoma (sp) going for 300+ regularly.

Zebra plecos, for a group of 5-6 go for well over 1000 every time.

I've seen a flowerhorn go for 1500

And I saw the "first ever black elephant eared" betta go for $1000

Oh and I saw a betta on aquabid go for $1,000,000.00 today, I bet that was a joke bid..but I saw it! Lol might actually still be up

My LFS has a trio of apistogramma elizibethae for 130 dollars.

I've always want Elizabethae but they are allllways expensive haha.

As stated, true Zebra Plecos are usually at that $250 mark. I've personally paid $100 for a Polypterus teugelsi and I've always wanted a Gulper Catfish which can run you from about $150 up.

One of our club members visited a large Koi farm in Japan a few years ago. He got 5 ( all fairly small) fish for $8,000.00, and at least one of them was a gift from the farm. The cheapest fish they have are $500.00. By the time any of those fish reached North America, the price would be significantly higher, even before retail markup.

Hypancistrus Zebra (Zebra Pleco) are very pricey mainly because they are banned from being exported from Brazil. So incredibly hard to get hold of. i did see one for sale for £200.

Oddball on MFK once purchased a freshwater sawfish that was over $7,000 after permits and shipping and was dead on arrival with no guarentee.

Lol 400k for a white silver aro...

Psssh.. Could buy a new HOUSE... As well as a big ol' aro tank. Haha.

Dude. I could buy a house and still have 250k left over. Then buy a truck and still have 200k left over for fish tanks and starting a fish store lmao. And still have at least 50k

Dude. I could buy a house and still have 250k left over. Then buy a truck and still have 200k left over for fish tanks and starting a fish store lmao. And still have at least 50k

Now THAT would be pretty awesome. Just sayin

Back
Top Bottom