African peacock for $1500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the lfs and one of the workers was showing a picture of a lemon jake peacock that he ended up selling for $1500. Is this bs or truth I have never seen a fish with a price like that. I keep snakes and some are more expensive than others like that but like I said never have I seen fish like that?

I've seen Some 2" Africans for $34. Some beautiful koi for $200-$300. And I've seen a breeding pair of lemon jakes go for $80.
In general lfs mark up 300%. I.e. they pay $2 they charge $6

I've seen Some 2" Africans for $34. Some beautiful koi for $200-$300. And I've seen a breeding pair of lemon jakes go for $80.
In general lfs mark up 300%. I.e. they pay $2 they charge $6

That's actually pretty accurate, the rule of retail is 33-1/3% base markup for even profit.

$2 fish for $6 is a 67% markup which is double, meh everyone does it.

I know arrowanna's can get up and past a couple thousand for large adults. (Of the rarer variants).

And a lot of the larger 3'+ catfish I would have to imagine bring in a pretty penny as well.

Most I have sold a fish for was my last trimac which was like 50-60$.

I he to choose between getting an employee discount of 30% or I can just pay the purchase price

**** that sucks, I get everything at cost! Lol so lets just say ill be getting my LEDs and wireless controller for my tank pretty cheap

Back
Top Bottom