Africans and Pacus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n3wt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if putting Pacu's in with a communal African tank would be dangerous. I know they are both kind of aggressive but Pacu's have those crazy big teeth.
I have a 55gallon tank with about 10 Africans mostly mbunas and a few peacocks. Two of the peacocks are about 5 plus inched long but the rest are around 2-4 inches. Would the Pacu's try to eat the smaller cichlids or since they are at about the same level of agression would they kinda just be to themselves like how my tank is now?

Dang, didn't know they got that big. Thanks for telling me that could of been a disaster!

I don't understand why they sell them in lfs stores anyway... I mean they do better in groups and so few of us are prepared to give them 400 gallons of swimming room. O well business I suppose.

I don't understand why they sell them in lfs stores anyway... I mean they do better in groups and so few of us are prepared to give them 400 gallons of swimming room. O well business I suppose.

Because to the average person they resemble piranha..

Please do not purchase pacus as they do attain 3' rather quickly and given that, I'll venture to say, most aquarists cannot afford the housing of 1400g+.

Back
Top Bottom