algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jac1860

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if my cichlid tank can sustain an algae eater? As you can tell in the pic I provided its growing on the back of the tank which I can't reach to clean. Do I just let it go or what? Anyone w/ any ideas????

Attachments

• 6375.jpg
    6375.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I was wondering if my cichlid tank can sustain an algae eater? As you can tell in the pic I provided its growing on the back of the tank which I can't reach to clean. Do I just let it go or what? Anyone w/ any ideas????

Get a bristle nose Pleco, he's one of the better known actual cleaning algae eaters, I have 2 in my 75g and he keeps my boulders spotless! I have a mag-float for my glass I let him eat the rest on the rocks.

Iv'e got a mag float however I can't reach the back of the tank as it it up against a wall. The front and sides I do clean w/ the mag float. If you can see in the pic it is the dark spots on the back wall.

The Cichlids won't bother the Bristle Nose Pleco? If that is the case I will pick up one. I do have a Pictus Catfish in there and they don't seem to bother him much..

BTW, My tank is a 65 gal high......

Iv'e got a mag float however I can't reach the back of the tank as it it up against a wall. The front and sides I do clean w/ the mag float. If you can see in the pic it is the dark spots on the back wall.

The Cichlids won't bother the Bristle Nose Pleco? If that is the case I will pick up one. I do have a Pictus Catfish in there and they don't seem to bother him much..

BTW, My tank is a 65 gal high......

No you should be good, I have about 20 mbuna in mine and 4 peacocks and he's a ninja no even gets close to him, with all the rock work in there you won't see him but he'll be silently working lol

Back
Top Bottom