Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think its an individual thing. Each fish is different
True... but often, people talk about how docile they are. This is true when they're juvies. I've spoken to several people lately that agree that once they're adults, their demeanor changes. I am, by no means, saying they're devils... not comparing them to mbuna, oscars, etc... but they can get nasty.

My main reason for not liking them is that they're destroying my plants. It's not just one fish. It's two different strains in two different tanks.

mfdrookie516 said:
True... but often, people talk about how docile they are. This is true when they're juvies. I've spoken to several people lately that agree that once they're adults, their demeanor changes. I am, by no means, saying they're devils... not comparing them to mbuna, oscars, etc... but they can get nasty.

My main reason for not liking them is that they're destroying my plants. It's not just one fish. It's two different strains in two different tanks.

Ya i herd that once the two pair up, they are very protective and will pick on other fish in the tank!
My angel eats my plants, but i dont mind because my plants grow so fast that its ok :)

absolutangel04 said:
Nope. They are definitively not brighter or more active. I have never seen any behvaioral differences in mine except that the females tend to guard the eggs closer while the males tend to guard the perimeters of the territory more, but even that is just a generalization and not always true. :)

Haha yeah my female guarded the eggs closely while the male ate food ;)

Angela are hard to sex- a problem made even more difficult via breeding that has given females early the same finnage as males.

Only sure-fire way is for them to pair off. As they mature, their geoponum begins to show. The male's is more "pointy", the female's s thicker and more cone shaped.

Batt4Christ said:
Angela are hard to sex- a problem made even more difficult via breeding that has given females early the same finnage as males.

Only sure-fire way is for them to pair off. As they mature, their geoponum begins to show. The male's is more "pointy", the female's s thicker and more cone shaped.

Papilla, no geoponum (that's livebearer terminology)

Back
Top Bottom