Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea thats cool! Idk wat else im gonna get i know one will be silver but other im not sure

Yea i will i need to start setting up my tank lol anyway im getting 2 silvers nd 2 unknown( i wasnt able to go see em yet) but maybe monday! Ill get pics!!!!!!!!

My mom had black koi angels nd they were cool!!!!! But im hoping to get some. Darn tank has to cycle first....

My mom had black koi angels nd they were cool!!!!! But im hoping to get some. Darn tank has to cycle first....
I have heard from multiple sources that the pure black strains tend to be a bit more aggressive. Don't know if thats true, but thats what I have heard. I think they are lovely though. I have a marbled veiltale and I picked out the one that looked the blackest.

I'm officially anti-angelfish. They've destroyed the blyxa in one of my tanks. I've also got a pair in my 150 that are aggressive as all get out. Seriously, everyone always says this or that about them when they're juvies, but when they're adults, things change.

I'm officially anti-angelfish. They've destroyed the blyxa in one of my tanks. I've also got a pair in my 150 that are aggressive as all get out. Seriously, everyone always says this or that about them when they're juvies, but when they're adults, things change.
Personally, I love angels. But, I do understand what you are saying. They often do not stay the peaceful community dwellers that people often think they are.

There's are the Angels in my dads tank. Quick question, how do you tell the difference in male an females? You can pm me the answer so it doesn't bother the op

Attachments

• image-3724001783.jpg
    image-3724001783.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1600057017.jpg
    image-1600057017.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-4170072900.jpg
    image-4170072900.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-927816109.jpg
    image-927816109.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52
Is there a way to tell? I dont think so.. And what u mean abt op?
op=Original poster. Hobgob is just making sure the original poster doesn't get annoyed for getting off topic. :) But, this thread is about all the aspects of angels, so I think it is quite appropriate to answer here. IMO, there is not a reliable way to tell angels genders apart unless you see them breeding. Sometimes, males get a sort of hump on their head, but I have not found that method to be reliable since not all males get it and I have seen females with funny shaped heads.

mfdrookie516 said:

I think its an individual thing. Each fish is different

absolutangel04 said:
op=Original poster. Hobgob is just making sure the original poster doesn't get annoyed for getting off topic. :) But, this thread is about all the aspects of angels, so I think it is quite appropriate to answer here. IMO, there is not a reliable way to tell angels genders apart unless you see them breeding. Sometimes, males get a sort of hump on their head, but I have not found that method to be reliable since not all males get it and I have seen females with funny shaped heads.

Oh thanks! And ya i want angels so bad. Are males brighter and nore active...?

Oh thanks! And ya i want angels so bad. Are males brighter and nore active...?
Nope. They are definitively not brighter or more active. I have never seen any behvaioral differences in mine except that the females tend to guard the eggs closer while the males tend to guard the perimeters of the territory more, but even that is just a generalization and not always true. :)

Yea theres no definate way of telling the sexs in angelfish until they are spawning.

The only way to tell their difference is when they're spawning, look at their breeding tubes called papilla. The male's is usually short long and skinny, the female's more round and fat.

Back
Top Bottom