Angelfish concerns/questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artzechic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some advice. I currently own 5 angels. 2 of them are koi angelfish that I've had since they were 1 month old (they are now 4 months old and in my 25 gallon tall tank with nothing else except some Red cherry shrimps), and then I also have 3 angels that are currently 2 months old(2 are currently living in my 30 gallon bowfront with a baby albino pleco, and 1 is in a 10 gallon quarantine tank.) This is my scenario: I had 4 baby angels in my 10 gallon for a week when they came in before I was able to finish cycling my 30 gallon. They were fine and such since they were barely dime sized so no fighting for room or territory yet. I gave one of them away to an angelfish fanatic and I put a white one into a different 10 gallon because he was swimming strangely (his fins weren't rotating in sync with each other) and I wanted to watch him. I put the other 2 into my 30 gallon. All of the babies are doing well, and there are no signs of illness or anything with the white one. His fins are working normally now when I watch him. Point being, my question is: Do you think that putting the white angelfish into the 30 gallon with my other 2 will cause the 2 to attack him? They all came from the same breeder originally, they are all siblings, and I haven't seen any hostility towards each other when they were all together. The 2 that I never separated haven't started fighting and I'm really hoping that I could put the white one in and they'd "remember" him/her and they won't fight. Do you think they are all young enough (going on 3 months) that they won't attack the white one? Or is is still possible that they will think he's a foreign invader? If anyone has had experience with this PLEASE I want to hear your story. :) Thanks!

P.S. - my white baby has only been away from the other 2 for about 2 weeks. Maybe 3 at the most.

Back
Top Bottom