Angry BAD Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wet Fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestion on how to get fish to chill?
I have a 29 gallon tank set up for my son, has Red Zebra, Eureka Peacock, Blue that need an identification, 3 Dainios and a Johanni. I moved the Johanni to a new 10G tank as everyone in the tank nipped him until his tail is gone, basically hid in corner. Now that I got him moved the Blue and Zbra have moved to Peacock, beat the crap out of him in one day since moved Johanni.
Since 10G Tank was up and running moved Peacock immediatly.

Anything to suggest other then return to FS.

My suggestion would be to upgrade tanks. Mbuna require a 4' tank and the lack of ability to swim and claim territory is most likely why you're seeing so much aggression. Also, danios don't belong in the same tank with the rest of those fish.

I agree with rook.

Danios are peaceful schooling community fish that don't belong anywhere in a cichlid tank. They'll be killed most likely.

It's also overstocked. Those cichlids need more room.

There's no such thing as a bad fish, just inappropriate tanks.

You need a far, far bigger tank than you have for the fish you have, and even then you probably can't mix those fish and expect absolute peace.

So what appropriate size for 7 2.5" fish? (And I realize they are still growing) Or how many should be in a 29 Gall tank ??

I can remove the Danios, been in the tank since November and are just as big as the cichlids, 2.5". No one messes with the Danios, They were a recommendation of the LFS said would help keep cichlids from picking on each other? Not working anymore.

these are the two causing problems?

Attachments

• DSC_1091.jpg
    DSC_1091.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Red Zebra.JPG
    Red Zebra.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 79
I also wouldn't put a peacock in with a red zebra or a johanni. Peacocks should be kept with lesser aggressive cichlids. At least that's what I've learned and that's what I'm doing with my peacocks.

There's no such thing as a bad fish, just inappropriate tanks.

You need a far, far bigger tank than you have for the fish you have, and even then you probably can't mix those fish and expect absolute peace.

Everyone has given great advice but Tim there are really bad fish, I've had some real glassbangers in the past. I even had a Flowerhorn that I had to put a divider cause he kept attacking me on water change day.

Back
Top Bottom