Anyone else's cichlid vacuum rocks up and spit them out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know what kind of SA cichlid is?

Looks like an Albino Flowerhorn.

Many cichlids move rocks/sand as a hobby. The most notorious in my tank is my Albino Socolofi aka Snow White. He has dug out the sand around a rock and made his own little hole to hang out in. I see him working on it everyday, hell charge up the hill scooping sand, and spitting it out, then repeat. While I was typing this I caught him doing it, but he stopped when he saw me. http://youtu.be/PwCiYJMDLvM

That's exactly what my cichlid does! And my tiger oscar likes to mess up his decorations and plants so between those two the tank looks a mess haha

Mine isn't aggressive to me and let's me touch him sometimes! I can hand feed him.. But soon as I fix the gravel he digs it again haha him and my tiger oscar actually get along and chase each other ..

Looks like a male Red Devil to me. And my female ALWAYS moved rocks when she wasn't attacking me for putting them back. She drew blood on a number of occasions as they are very territorial.

Gets along very well with my Tiger! Chasing each other ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397697170.907759.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397697185.764230.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397697197.341386.jpg

Looks like an Albino Flowerhorn.

Many cichlids move rocks/sand as a hobby. The most notorious in my tank is my Albino Socolofi aka Snow White. He has dug out the sand around a rock and made his own little hole to hang out in. I see him working on it everyday, hell charge up the hill scooping sand, and spitting it out, then repeat. While I was typing this I caught him doing it, but he stopped when he saw me. http://youtu.be/PwCiYJMDLvM

That's exactly what my cichlid does! And my tiger oscar likes to mess up his decorations and plants so between those two the tank looks a mess haha

My Snow White is the worst in my tank as well. He likes to get a mouthful of sand , swim to the top of tank and spit at the glass.
He's got sand in my power head and has made it stop running twice.
Me and my wife thought of finding memo the 1st time he did it

Back
Top Bottom