ASAP- Rescued 2 Bolivian Cichlids. Can they go in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
See "my info" for exact tank- plants, etc.

Fish are-
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Red Tailed Shark (plan on moving in ~4 months)
2 Silver Mollies
4 Spotted Cories
8 Neon Tetras
Couple of Snails, and Tons of Cherry Shrimp
All live perfect w/ each other. They love one another :D

Can these 2 bolivians live in peace with the tank? NO clue if they are male or female... they have little color, but seem healthy. Should still be ok inches wise, as these should only be 1.5" each... but how about everything else? Everyone is pretty young in the tank except a couple cories and mollies

And what are these guys real names? I know they are called "German Blue Rams" I think....

There are bolivian rams and german blue rams they are different. IMO I would QT them for 2 weeks before adding the fish to your main tank, safer that way. I'm not sure how well they will get along with the shark or vice versa.

I'm not sure about the shark either, but they should be fine with the tank's other residents. I'm not sure if they would eat the cherry shrimp. If they are big enough to fit in the rams' mouth, it's very possible.

GBRs are microgeophagus ramirezi, and Bolivians are microgeophagus altispinosa (or papillochromis)

My RTS is pretty docile.... so I dont think he will be a problem... so ya never know

I think they are GBR (looking at the pics), but I will get a better view tomorrow, and maybe even take a pic and let ya'll decide.

Lastly, my shrimp shouldnt be eaten... they are all healthy and good sized.... plus they are QUICK! :D

I have a red tail with my GBR's and bolivians, no problems at all. I would worry about the neons getting eaten though.

Back
Top Bottom