baby cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They love rocks, and lots of them. Here's my tank as an example, but its not the best haha:
img_1135212_0_bfb033d4b5dcf87ed3ac898c24f3c2f5.jpg

For substrate, pool filter sand (PFS) is great. Its also pretty affordable. At walmart, if they have it, its usually around $6 per 50 lb bag, and I think mfd got his at meijer for like $2. My first bag, I got at a local pool supply store for $13.

ok thanks, i would really like a tank like yours but i need to get my community tank under control first! what about temp?

heat form the summer, everything else is as close to perfect as you can get it. i have lost 3 tetras a bala shark and my pleco i have had for 3 years. im trying to cool it down.

Sand if you have naturally hard water. Which I think ontario does unless your source is glacial like in vancouver. Otherwise some CC and sand mixed is better.

Slate is good but any old rock you can stack such that you get lots of cubby holes and hiding spots is good. Lime stone has the benefit of buffering your water.

As far as temperature.. how hot are we talking about? 26-28C is tolerable.

EDIT: Actually 30 in an extreme case, for short durations.

Back
Top Bottom