best enviornment for tiger oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A cave of some kind to call home and some plants( be prepared for them to be uprooted almost daily). Nothing with sharp corners either. As long as the can kind of hide then they'll be fine

Ya that's what I use. I just ran mine under hot water while scrubbing it really good and the fish love it

nothing sharp or easily swallowed!!! soft fake plants and flat stones. a cave thing - the flowerpot would be fine, but less nauturalistic. and big +1 on the ping pong ball!!!! :)
how big is it? x

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
nothing sharp or easily swallowed!!! soft fake plants and flat stones. a cave thing - the flowerpot would be fine, but less nauturalistic. and big +1 on the ping pong ball!!!! :)
how big is it? x

I have 2. I would say they ar maybe 3-4 inches

Well I hope it works out for you. Just remember that these fish grow to 12+ inches and most people recommend a 75g for just one of them.

They get along right now, but that doesn't really mean anything. They become aggressive when they grow up. I think the recommended tank for 2 oscars is 125g.

You can put a small oscar with just about anything and they won't always be aggressive, give it time and all your fish will be eaten :p

i have an oscar with a few fish, pleco, 2 convicts, and to blood parrots, enough space and enough filtration and hes now 9" and doesnt bother anyone, but theres no telling now when he'll turn... its now about when they grow up, but about when they turn sexual maturity! once that happends, you'll know... i havent been there yet but i am prepared to move a bunch of fish when it does happen! just keep in mind like others have said... you're fine now but you HAVE to be PREPARED to MOVE these things later or even split them or sell them or sell one... 2 oscars is a lot and u must have the space...

my thoughts is since you have 2, that may cut ur time in half with the decision time!!! BE PREPARED!

also having 2 is real risky in the future, cause you cant tell the sex... so even though they get along their whole adolescence, once they reach sexual maturity, they'll realize who they are and fight till the death... and even if they are different sex, still be prepared!!! i have no experience with this but HUKIT does... WHERE IS HUKIT (everyone is asking) but i know hes had it happen just this passed summer... had a breeding pair i believe and woke up and one wasnt with him anymore...

all in all guy, BE READY! haha its an ominous situation you're taking on! good luck!

Back
Top Bottom