Big Oscars!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Havent been on in a while. My albino tiger oscar who i have named Phish is now nearly 10" long and has a 7" ish pleco roomy named Spikke. Im looking into getting her a bigger tank soon. So anyway i wanted to show off some pics. Anyone else have any oscars big or small that they would like to share id love to see them.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120520_162547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_162547.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 319
  • ForumRunner_20120520_162633.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_162633.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 309
i remember back in the day when you first starting asking questions about that oscar... my hasnt it grown :D well done! looks stunning!
DSC_0010.JPG
i must admit mine are only about 8inches, and have battlescars... but overall still build their nests, dont actually fight that much and are beautiful to me :) xx

Ya. She is so awesome i have a tattoo of her. She is also trained. She will readily hand feed, loves to be petted, bites fingers put in her tank and is target trained to fingers outside the glass. Your are equally beautiful. I also have a baby albino pleco and am looking into getting a standard tiger oscar to grow up with it once i get a bigger tank. Then i will have essentially 2 YinYang sets of fish.

The tattoo of my baby girl. Stylized, and will eventually be a full leg piece.

ForumRunner_20120601_203603.jpg

Heres my little guy. First pic about ten months ago at maybe two inches; second one is now at about ten. Sorry, quality not very good.

ForumRunner_20120602_195341.jpg

ForumRunner_20120602_195435.jpg

Ok... so my oscar has 2 pet guppies. They have lived in her tank for 2 weeks now.

On the subject of growing oscars, i currently feed her oscar show pellets, lean meat and fruit/ veg and guppies occasionally for mental stimulation and exercise. Any other suggested foods??? Just trying to keep her as happy and healthy as i can. Thanx everyone.

I feed her a very deverse diet and was just wondering. Thought it may be interesting to watch. And i thought comets were bad to feed cause of the vitamin b thing. And i think she is prob 2 big for brine, she is 10 inches and i can feel her teeth when she bites for food now.

Anybody have any good pics of their oscars flaring?? Here is my baby.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120715_162741.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120715_162741.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 186
i have decided i have a very odd oscar... i just walked into my livingroom, where my O's tank is, to find her standing on herhead. upon further investigation, i see she has cleared all the sand from a half dollar sized spot on the bottom of her tank, and is looking down, @ the floor under her tank:ROFLMAO:. i covered the hole back in, and in less than 15 minutes she has done it again! my odd, odd little girl! but oh do i love my BIG OSCAR!!!!!:flowers:

^ haha, that must be funny to see.

I always end up watching the big oscars in pet shops for a few minutes.

Will be some time before I can get a large tank.

very funny! but i thought something was wrong til i figured out what she had done! beautiful fish! how big?

Back
Top Bottom