Big Oscars!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've tried he get super mad, beats the new guy up, completely destroys the hole tank just turn into a monster and when I relocate the other guy he goes back to normal

Lol. What did you feed all yours and how often do you feed them?

I'm being serious, I'm calling shenanigans without proof your fish is 15". Everyone always exaggerates the size of their oscars, normally 15" is more like 12" in reality. Judging by that pink gourami in the back I'd say closer to 9-10".

This breeding pair was over 6 years old and were measured at 14.1 and 14.2".

Attachments

• user27198_pic13430_1312923394.jpg
    user27198_pic13430_1312923394.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 99
  • user27198_pic13426_1312923124.jpg
    user27198_pic13426_1312923124.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 83
  • user27198_pic13431_1312923429.jpg
    user27198_pic13431_1312923429.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 88
  • user27198_pic13428_1312923310.jpg
    user27198_pic13428_1312923310.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I'm being serious, I'm calling shenanigans without proof your fish is 15". Everyone always exaggerates the size of their oscars, normally 15" is more like 12" in reality.

Those are sharp looking fish. Those are the colors I prefer. Never been a fan of any other colored Oscars.

Mike jones said:
I've tried he get super mad, beats the new guy up, completely destroys the hole tank just turn into a monster and when I relocate the other guy he goes back to normal

Highly aggressive, highly territorial, predatory fish. What do you expect???

NemozDaddy said:
Nice oscars. I feed mine like 25 minnos, 25 mid size gold fish, 10big gold fish. Every other day. Plus blood worms and brine shimp.

Id be careful with the goldfish. They have an enzyme that prevents the absorbtion of vitanim b. And can therefore cause hith. They also need veggies for vitamins and such, and some fruit. Mine loves blanched zucchini and grapes.

HUKIT said:
I'm being serious, I'm calling shenanigans without proof your fish is 15". Everyone always exaggerates the size of their oscars, normally 15" is more like 12" in reality. Judging by that pink gourami in the back I'd say closer to 9-10".

lol to bad thats a pink kissing fish. And he is 8.5 in

Never said it wasn't. Lol. All i was saying is that the pink kissing fish grows to be alot larger then a regular gourami.

cbourg746 said:
Think of it like this......would you want to eat a rat? Maybe they know how nasty goldfish are.

True, very true but the Jaguar likes them and wild fish eat the young so ya never know

goldfish are really bad to feed another fish anyway. they make an enzyme that prevents vitamin absorbtion in the fish that ate them, resulting in malnutrition and hole in the head usually. the might be predatory, but they are also opportunistic, and eat plants in the wild, as well as other fish and bugs.

I didnt know that. But Mine love them alot more then chidlid pellets

NemozDaddy said:
I didnt know that. But Mine love them alot more then chidlid pellets

Try crickets instead of feeders. They will love them ever MORE. And are really healthy for them. A quality pellet should always be the staple for your fish. The benefits far outweigh any "coolness" of feeding feeders. It's not all that bad if you feed them every so often. I usually feed my fish feeders every 2-3 months. And only after a 2-3 week QT where I feed them good food and treat for illness.

oscarchic11 said:
Highly aggressive, highly territorial, predatory fish. What do you expect???

He just doesn't like fish his size I've put baby fire mouths and flower horns under one inch in their and he's fine with them

my girl loves crickets, and moths, and any other bugs, but as was said earlier cichlid pellets should be the majority it their diet, they have all the nutrients they need, and of course they will like the feeders more, they move. and would you rather have a burger or salad? they still need the vitamins in the veggies 2 dont forget. mine loves grapes, apples, zucchini, and a bunch of other veggies. try turning feeding time into a game. mine doesnt get food unless she bites my finger... it gives them mental stimulation and make them look forward to feeding time more. my oscar gets 6 large hikari cichlid staple pellets twice a day.

Wow you feed them vegetables I've never tried that and I'm trying to train some of my fish now

Ya!!! They need a balanced diet just like we do!!! She lives grapes, i quarter them. And blanched zucchini. I put it in for my pleco but he wont eat it. She ate it instead!!!

Back
Top Bottom