Bumble bee cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
I was wondering the compatibility of bumblebees with other Africans? Also, the male to male ratio. Thx

Hannibal the Bichir said:
Hi,
I was wondering the compatibility of bumblebees with other Africans? Also, the male to male ratio. Thx

I hear Bees r nasty! But then again so are all the ones I keep lol.

I've had bee's before & outside of the expected aggression they didn't cause a lot of trouble..

They have the potential to be very dominant in mbuna tanks. This potential is may be swayed one way or the other depending on the dominance-potential of their tank mates. Additionally there are not many mbuna species that get larger than them.

Standard recommended mbuna gender ratio's apply (1 male with 3-4 females).

Yah, I heard their more aggressive than the average Mbuna. So, it depends on the fish's character and how it reacts to the other inhabitants? Also, is $12 a fair price for them. It seems to be a lot compared to their size and breeding patterns.

Hannibal the Bichir said:
Yah, I heard their more aggressive than the average Mbuna. So, it depends on the fish's character and how it reacts to the other inhabitants? Also, is $12 a fair price for them. It seems to be a lot compared to their size and breeding patterns.

Alittle expensive,paid $5.99 for mine..

Back
Top Bottom