Cichlid compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbuna12

Aquarium Advice Regular
What sort of cichlids complement each other?specifically African cichlids,also are some species aggressive towards particular species?

Yellow labs and acei always turn out nice together and the same with many many more. And yes to the second question labidochromis doesnt normally do well with.other labidochromis. Cynotalapia shouldnt be with other cynotalapia, because most of them look way to much alike. Your best bet is to make a stock list and ask if we see anything wrong with it.

Can someone help me. One of my cichlids that im keeping with my Malawi's is getting beat up on. Is there anyway he will do ok in my discus tank?

image-2079420561.jpg

After isolation....they beat him up good

Attachments

• image-2925850770.jpg
    image-2925850770.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1501805260.jpg
    image-1501805260.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 72
Discus and cichlids is as far as I know unexplored territory.keep him isolated until healed.its hard to say whether or not the discus will hurt him or he'll hurt the discus.perhaps to stem the aggression add more hiding places. Also after he heals if it happens again isolate the perpetrators in large net breeders so that they don't feel victorious in defeating an enemy which is how they feel when you remove the victim.sort of like fishy time out. If nothing work get rid of the victim or the perps.preferably the perps.

Can someone help me. One of my cichlids that im keeping with my Malawi's is getting beat up on. Is there anyway he will do ok in my discus tank?

After isolation....they beat him up good

You should start your own thread. Its not nice to hijack somebody else's thread. If you need help click on my name and go t send a private message and I can help you out

Back
Top Bottom