Cichlid death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AfricanCichlidOwner

Aquarium Advice Activist
My albino zebra died today with no signs of fighting, stress, or high levels when I tested of any sort. Any ideas why?..

Fish are like humans in many sorts of ways.

When a fish dies, people automatically think it's due to bad water quality. Not all fish are healthy. Something could have easily been wrong with your fish from the get go. Fish don't go to the doctor for check ups, so there was no way in telling if something was wrong with your fish. It's pretty much a guessing game with healthy and unhealthy fish when buying them.

Good luck with that rest of your fish.

Fish are like humans in many sorts of ways.

When a fish dies, people automatically think it's due to bad water quality. Not all fish are healthy. Something could have easily been wrong with your fish from the get go. Fish don't go to the doctor for check ups, so there was no way in telling if something was wrong with your fish. It's pretty much a guessing game with healthy and unhealthy fish when buying them.

Good luck with that rest of your fish.

Thanks for the help. The rest of my fish are doing just fine now. Except it seems like they're less active and just don't swim like they used to.

Look real closely at other fish to make sure there isn't something going on in the tank. How often do you feed, what do you feed, and how has their poop looked? Is it clear and stringy?

Look real closely at other fish to make sure there isn't something going on in the tank. How often do you feed, what do you feed, and how has their poop looked? Is it clear and stringy?

I echo this man right here^^^^^^ do not just dismiss it just yet. Make sure.

I echo this man right here^^^^^^ do not just dismiss it just yet. Make sure.

I agree. I'm a noob and constantly staring at my fish. I be freaking out sometime they will have a air bubble stuck to them and I would worry. So will literally stare at them for a while until I see it float off them or I see no signs on it anymore

Im guilty of worrying to i do a head count every morning when i wake up once again when i get home from work n again before bed.. i would keep a eye out if i was you

Man we sound like twins. Lol you can never be to careful

Back
Top Bottom