Cichlid nursery :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picokeeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my fluval spec v cichlid nursery i set up today!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390579649.172656.jpg

Will add one or two plants as well.

What do you guys think?

I find fry tanks better with little decor better. If this is for Juvies then you need allot more rock work but for a fry tank less decor makes it easier to maintain. If it is like my fry tank I have 100 Fire mouths fry in a 20 long. So I had to do water changes more frequently and as they grew I had to remove some so its easier to net them will less decor. I now have about 15 with more decor added. I will continue to remove as they grow.

So IMO I think you are good. Adding some big leaf plants that you can easily move and you are all set.

My only concern honestly would be size vs amount of fry. If you're raising a large amount for grow-out, water conditions and size of the tank come into play.

I mean sure, I have plants, rocks and wood for my grow outs, but I use tubs instead of tanks and I split my fry between them so there's no over-crowding. :)

Yeah last time i had fry i used another old tank and i raised 20 to a decent size and still have 15 of them in my 60g now! :) but yeah i may be opening up another small nursery and splitting them up when they're bigger

I think its great! I had no sand or gravel in my nursery tank, and very little decor. Easy to see them and easy to feed! Of course sooner or later they have to be rehomed or moved but thats a great tank to start them out in!

Very nice one little plant would work till there big enough to be moved. Looks great. I'm going to set up a fry tank as well. Water changes will be harder and more cuz they have so many. But looks good! :)

Very nice one little plant would work till there big enough to be moved. Looks great. I'm going to set up a fry tank as well. Water changes will be harder and more cuz they have so many. But looks good! :)

Thanks! :) yeah was gonna get one or two small plants for it soon

Thanks! :) now just need to hope that I get some fry soon!

Your so lucky. Im picking up some today and hope for a pair that will start to spawn and give me fry!! Best of luck to you and your fry and parents as well :)

Your so lucky. Im picking up some today and hope for a pair that will start to spawn and give me fry!! Best of luck to you and your fry and parents as well :)

I find my yellow labs breed a lot! So if you want some fry maybe try and pick up a few female labs? might help :)

Back
Top Bottom