Cichlids acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I know this but they are all born blue. This one has lost most of the blue and the stripes are almost gone as well where it was very blue and black. Also developed a spot in the last couple weeks.
On its head? Is it black?

Worms, flukes it was gross. Prazi works for inside and outside parasites without having to add it to food View attachment 307574View attachment 307575

Ok I just left my lfs and they didn’t have that but they gave me microbe- lift lice and anchor worm treatment I’m guessing it’s along the same lines as what your referring too? The person I talked to is the one I usually always go to because he knows a lot about fish. Cichlids In Particular and he said he has had to use it and exactly what you said it was gross but it worked so I’m going to do a large water change tonight and put my carbon back in and wait till tomm to let things clear out a bit and then start that and hope for the best

Ok I just left my lfs and they didn’t have that but they gave me microbe- lift lice and anchor worm treatment I’m guessing it’s along the same lines as what your referring too? The person I talked to is the one I usually always go to because he knows a lot about fish. Cichlids In Particular and he said he has had to use it and exactly what you said it was gross but it worked so I’m going to do a large water change tonight and put my carbon back in and wait till tomm to let things clear out a bit and then start that and hope for the best
Fingers crossed, I completely understand the frustration. It's hard when they can't tell us what's bothering them.
Just an fyi I find having a powerhead lessons the scratching. Which I cringe cause they can obviously hurt themselves. It seems in my experience that they swim into the current to "scratch" themselves. I put an airstone under it sometimes and they go crazy playing in it and my holding females will stick their heads in it to tumble their fry.
Keep us posted!

Fingers crossed, I completely understand the frustration. It's hard when they can't tell us what's bothering them.
Just an fyi I find having a powerhead lessons the scratching. Which I cringe cause they can obviously hurt themselves. It seems in my experience that they swim into the current to "scratch" themselves. I put an airstone under it sometimes and they go crazy playing in it and my holding females will stick their heads in it to tumble their fry.
Keep us posted!

I had thought about that but is a power head a good idea to put into my tank though? I will def keep you updated. Thanks for your help and advice

I had thought about that but is a power head a good idea to put into my tank though? I will def keep you updated. Thanks for your help and advice
They do sell ones for the size of your tank. I'd keep it going across the top or pointing straight up and don't leave it on 24/7. Imo Kenyi are very active and the current will help them burn some energy. Again trial and error. [emoji23] your very welcome.

They do sell ones for the size of your tank. I'd keep it going across the top or pointing straight up and don't leave it on 24/7. Imo Kenyi are very active and the current will help them burn some energy. Again trial and error. [emoji23] your very welcome.

I was kinda looking around at them last night what size would you suggest? I have an aqua clear 50 hob on there now. And is Hydor a good brand? Or what brand would you suggest?

I was kinda looking around at them last night what size would you suggest? I have an aqua clear 50 hob on there now. And is Hydor a good brand? Or what brand would you suggest?
I have an Aqueon 500 for my 40g breeder. I've had no problems with it and it doesn't blow them to the other side. Imo unless you have a large tank ect. There's really no reason to spend $$$ On the top brand. Of course again that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom