Community in planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazil323

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon tank being set up, and I want some advice about my planning. I have a sand substrate (with laterite for plants). I have a Magnum 350 canister filter, 2 200w heaters, lights, a 160 gph powerhead. I already have 2 pieces of mopani and 3 pieces of driftwood. I have a clay cave for the plecs coming in the mail. I also have a ton of fake plants, some live java moss, live java fern, water lettuce, eared watermoss, duckweed, and 2 fake floating "baby hideouts". I'll also be getting some more decor, probably more plants, and some caves.

Anyway, my plan is to add the L387 plecs and mts as soon as the tank is ready for fish (I already have the plecs and mts). Then I will add the following fish in order over the course of weeks/months:

1. 15-20 Congo tetras
2. 15-20 Diamond tetras (or maybe white skirt tetras)
3. 6 honey gouramis
4. 2 kribs
5. one angel
6. 1 Bolivian ram

My main question is whether the 3 types of cichlids will be a problem. I've already gotten some feedback on Aquaria Central, but I want a few more opinions first. I am pretty certain that the rest will be fine.

I must say that the kribs are non negotiable. Whatever happens, I will not be giving them up.

Love all those cichilds! The only problem will be if the kribs pair up. They will take over the entire tank. That's fine if there are lots of tank mates to let out their aggression on. IMO, kribs are more aggressive than rams on general, but the tank is large enough and it should work out nicely.

Okay, cool. I was kinda hoping that they might pair up. I think that with all the tetras and other fish that we should be okay.

Thanks, btw.

I've decided to definitely go with the diamond tetras rather than the white skirts. I've found no mention of diamond tetras to be nippy, but I've found white skirts mentioned as nippy in about every profile. I don't want to take a chance that the angel or other fish will be bothered by fin-nipping.

Back
Top Bottom