Could I add 2 geophagus Balzani?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
With my 2 Red spot severums and A. Heckelii in a 75G
Also is it possible to sex them at 3.5 to 4" and what does everyone think of them?

Never mind on this I just did some researched and found out they prefer cooler water and do best with a wintering period.

Why not try red head tapajos

Thanks Cichlid ism Ill look into those. I was at my lfs and they had these and was just wondering. How many more do you think I could add? I have 2 each of the sevrums and heckelii's in the 75 and am going to add an exotic pleco but don't know what one yet. I plan on upgrading to a 125 but don't want to base my stock off that untill I have it.

Thanks Cichlid ism Ill look into those. I was at my lfs and they had these and was just wondering. How many more do you think I could add? I have 2 each of the sevrums and heckelii's in the 75 and am going to add an exotic pleco but don't know what one yet. I plan on upgrading to a 125 but don't want to base my stock off that untill I have it.

I would do three of them. By the way how are the Heckelli's doing?

They are doing fairly well except they had a little fin rot that I'm still trying to cure. If it isn't any better by the end of this week I'm going to move them to a bare tank and treat with some meds.

Balzanii are from northern Uruguay where it is warmer than most gymnos, and don't necessarily require the cool down period common to this genus.

They can be a bit pushy, but overall are pretty relaxed. I just don't like the nuchal hump as adults, part of the reason I'm selling my 2

Balzanii are from northern Uruguay where it is warmer than most gymnos, and don't necessarily require the cool down period common to this genus.

They can be a bit pushy, but overall are pretty relaxed. I just don't like the nuchal hump as adults, part of the reason I'm selling my 2

Is it just the male that gets the hump or both.

To my knowledge, just the males, although females can develop a smaller one. Either way, I have never liked nuchal humps on any fish lol

Hmmm I kinda like it on them its different. Can they be sexed at 3.5 to 4" I just may grab them from my lfs.

Was at the lfs today and they can order the satanoperca's from a local breeder. So unless any one has any other suggestions Ill be getting these at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom