Crab in african tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 red claw crabs in my 55g with my Cichlids and they have never messed with them. I put a small floating dock at the top of my tank next to one of my air lines for them to climb up to and get out of the water and they stay up there most of the time. oh and I have 5 cichlids around 3-4"

I have 3 red claw crabs in my 55g with my Cichlids and they have never messed with them. I put a small floating dock at the top of my tank next to one of my air lines for them to climb up to and get out of the water and they stay up there most of the time. oh and I have 5 cichlids around 3-4"

Cool, my scape comes out of the water that's why I asked

Crayfish are good tank mates for aggressive fish. I believe there is a species of Malawi crab.

Cool, my scape comes out of the water that's why I asked

yea as long as they have a place to get out of the water they should be fine, an electric blue crayfish would work and are really cool to watch just make sure it has a cave to get away from the fish when he molts I had one when I first started my tank and didnt have a good hiding spot for him and was eaten after his 2nd molt

Crayfish are good tank mates for aggressive fish. I believe there is a species of Malawi crab.

Found the Malawi crab. They can get 6 inches plus. That's a lot of crab! I have a ton of crayfish but most are tiny. I have two blues, an orange, a red, had a white though I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe I will add one of my blues when he's bigger or look for some red claws

I had this guy in my tank. He was in there first and killed most of the tropical fish so I switched to cichlids and they left each other alone. He died after climbing out if the tank to go for a walk.

image-1511147291.jpg

image-3924774634.jpg

Back
Top Bottom