Filtration for 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually have an emperor 400 on my 55 and i don't think its that loud. Granted, i Wouldnt say its quiet either!

I have 2 400 on the 75 and a 280 and an ac50 on my 55
1 of the 400 is about 5 years old and i had to replace the impeller its never been the same
The other 400 is 3 mos old and was loud out of the box so i called and they sent a "repair kit" inpeller and housing still loud. I called again and was told to unplug and plug back in untill it got quiet. Well this worked but a day or 2 later i have to do it again. Its a shame because besides that i really like it.

The 280 uses the same media and its even older and has flow control Its silent.

I have 2 400 on the 75 and a 280 and an ac50 on my 55
1 of the 400 is about 5 years old and i had to replace the impeller its never been the same
The other 400 is 3 mos old and was loud out of the box so i called and they sent a "repair kit" inpeller and housing still loud. I called again and was told to unplug and plug back in untill it got quiet. Well this worked but a day or 2 later i have to do it again. Its a shame because besides that i really like it.

The 280 uses the same media and its even older and has flow control Its silent.

Hmmm gotcha. Well idk then! I mean mine is working great so far! Any other hobs with a high gph?

I personally would still run a second filter as back up or if you need a filter to move to another tank but that's me. I have never used a canister filter because i just cant get my self to trust it wont leak but that's just me being stupid....LOL

Back
Top Bottom