GBR right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandyf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got 4 rams from what I thought was a reputable LFS and they were labeled Bolivian Rams. But I'm thinking they are German Blues? What do you guys think?

Attachments

• GBR.jpg
    GBR.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 84
  • GBR2.jpg
    GBR2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 82
So is that common for a LFS to mis-label them? And can anyone give me a surefire way to tell males and females apart. I've read a bunch of tips but I still can't really figure it out. I have one that is really dominant and is bullying the others. I'm assuming that's a male but I can't tell them apart. One looks like the one in the pics (that's the same fish in both of those pics) and the other is not as bright (female?) The 4th one actually died today and I'm really afraid it's because he was bullied to death. Some forums say they will bully until one dies and other forums say that's rare. I don't want it to happen again. What should I do?

Ok, I figured it out with the spangled spot method.. Thanks. I have 2 males and 1 female. Is that bad? Should I add another female or will that make things worse? BTW, it's a 90 gal community tank with barbs, tetras and these guys. Everyone seems happy (well..until the incident today).

Back
Top Bottom