Gold Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishballs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok, I am attempting to get a pair of gold rams. I have 5 of them in a 55g gallon while I wait for them to mature and form pairs. They have been in there for a little over 2 weeks.

I believe I have 3 males and 2 females from looking at their fins.

Once I have a pair or two hopefully, my plan was to move the first pair to a 20long that I am going to plant heavily. If I get 2 pairs I will put the second into either a 30Long or a 29 which I have several.

Now the problem I am having is that 1 male is extremely aggressive even in the 55 gallon. The other 4 fish seem to have formed into 2 pairs that each have a small territory and each pair stays in their spot and does not fight amongst each other.

The aggressive male claims over half the tank and I think he is stressing out the other fish bad.

Now should I move my pairs out to their final tanks which are cycled but not planted yet. Or should I just move the aggressive male out and give the other four some time to chill out before they get moved. I am worried about moving the pairs cause I dont want to lose any of them and I think that the move on top of the stress that they are under might be too much.

What do you guys think is best to move?
thanks in advance

It sounds as though the other four are trying to establish their pairings id definitely move the aggressive male and let them fully establish themselves whilst you finish their final tanks.
It sounds like they are doing well, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom