Help needed with a bully fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycomosy

Aquarium Advice Regular
can anyone make any suggestions please,I have 2 parrot fish colour Orange male and female,I also have two Flag cichlids they were in a 29 gallon tank whilst I was maturing my 260 litre tank,and the female flag fish was poking her head into the terracotta plant pot,( that the male parrot likes to hang out in)and then when he poked his head out the male flag fish was attacking him from the top of the pot, this went on for a while
,I wasn't here at the time but my husband watched it all,and didn't know what to do as the parrot fish had taken some damage to his nose,when I came in he was head first in the pot and would not come out,so I tested the water in the larger tank and it was 0 ammonia/nitrite 0.1 mg/nitrate 0.0mg so I transfered the male and female parrot fish over to the other larger tank...my question is should I risk putting them all together in the large tank? I dont want my parrot to suffer another attack he is so sweet!
I know that cichlids are very territorial but this was as my husband said looked like the female was enticing him out for the male to attack him..what should I do????

You can try them in the big tank and watch closely, with more room there may be less aggression as the fish will have more areas to be territorial about. Of course this can also work against you, it may cause more aggression. It all depends on the fish's personalities.

The flags may be trying to claim the pot for breeding. You could try just adding more pots, other hiding places and rocks.

Back
Top Bottom