Is my Snow white holding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvbfamily

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a snow white in my community tank for 1.5 months and lately he hasn't been eating and just hiding in his cave and moving sand around. I thought i had all males but I did notice that he/she has a very very small bulge on his chin. Was thinking that it may be carrying, but the bulge is so small unlike the photos I have seen of carrying cichlids on the internet. Just in case I did seperate it to a small 6 gallon box I had lying around with an air sponge filter but for the last week still no eating. Is it possible that the bulge is from something else as its still there and I would think that if he/she was moving sand around in the community tank it would mean that she is not carrying right or she would spit out her eggs or whatever while doing so.

Looking for some advice from experts here.

Also recently I have been noticing that there has been a lot of clear fungus/algae all over my larger community tank that comes back even after large 50% water changes that I have done. Initially I thought it was because one of my other snow whites had been eaten munched on stuck in one of the other caves which I had cleaned out after not seeing him for 3 days. Feeding 3 small meals a day. Aside from the fungus/algae looking things that are green/grey/brownish/clear I also see some tiny white clear moving worms on my glass.

Thanks in advanced

Post a pic of the fish. I'd say clean that tank and test the lvs of your water (ph,nitrates, ect) clean the glass and all the stuff In it. What is filtration and size of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom