johanni looking a little funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
howdy folks .. my female johanni looks a little funny so i thought i'd post a picture & see if anyone knows whats up .. it seems her gullet is packed or something .. is it just food?!

she isnt chasing anyone but is pretty guarded .. & eyeballing it, i'd say she's just under 3inches

take a peek & let me know what ya think

thanks

Attachments

• image-3373937113.jpg
    image-3373937113.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 133
I'm still learning as you know roach but she's pretty... I have 2 males maybe I should get a female.

EDIT:

Sorry I couldn't help :(

WHOA WHOA WHOA!! wait a minute now, i'm too irresponsible & narcissistic to be a dad!! lol

but seriously, you mean she's holding eggs? or fry? & should i attempt to get her into my breeder net?

she's so young!! i thought they had to mature to breed...? (dumb question? i know nothing about breeding)

ALSO, i don't have any male johanni so if it's fry, it's def a hybrid lol

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!! i really appreciate it & the quick responses :)

Holding eggs! I think you should wait a little bit as it usually takes a while... And you could "strip" her if you want. That's when you take the eggs out of her mouth and hatch them yourself. There are some vids on youtube about how to do that.

ronnieroach said:
WHOA WHOA WHOA!! wait a minute now, i'm too irresponsible & narcissistic to be a dad!! lol

but seriously, you mean she's holding eggs? or fry? & should i attempt to get her into my breeder net?

she's so young!! i thought they had to mature to breed...? (dumb question? i know nothing about breeding)

ALSO, i don't have any male johanni so if it's fry, it's def a hybrid lol

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!! i really appreciate it & the quick responses :)

Where's the cigars? :)

no clue craigster .. i set up a lizard tank this week so i haven't been watching them as much the past few days

and just to put my new questions in the latest post:
by holding you mean she's holding eggs? or fry? & should i attempt to get her into my breeder net?[/B]

ronnieroach said:
no clue craigster .. i set up a lizard tank this week so i haven't been watching them as much the past few days

and just to put my new questions in the latest post:
by holding you mean she's holding eggs? or fry? & should i attempt to get her into my breeder net?

Depends how long shes been holding. They will hold eggs/fry in their mouth for approx 21 days, usually that last week you'll see tiny little fry eyes in her mouth, its really cute :) How many other fish are in her current tank?

its only been about 5-6 days since the last time i remember seeing her normal

& she's got 19 tank mates in a 55.. stacked, i know.. my attempt at squashing aggression

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELPSKI!!!

ronnieroach said:
its only been about 5-6 days since the last time i remember seeing her normal

& she's got 19 tank mates in a 55.. stacked, i know.. my attempt at squashing aggression

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELPSKI!!!

If you have a hospital tank you can put her in there and let her spit, or a breeder net...IF you want to keep the babies...otherwise they will probably all get eaten if she spits in the main tank, might get a couple out of it though...not sure how you feel about hybrids? Lol. Or you could strip her of the fry when its time also...

kelbaker79 said:
If you have a hospital tank you can put her in there and let her spit, or a breeder net...IF you want to keep the babies...otherwise they will probably all get eaten if she spits in the main tank, might get a couple out of it though...not sure how you feel about hybrids? Lol. Or you could strip her of the fry when its time also...

thanks kel!

i DEF wont be stripping her lol & i dont have a breeder or QT tank so thats out too ..

i have to go in & change my set up / do a pwc tonight so i'm gonna try to get her in my breeder net until i can make a divider for my tank

THANKS FOR THE HELP HOMIES!!! you guys are awesome!!

woooop! congrats!!! i mean it was completely obvious, she IS choc-a-block full, but whatever ;)

i dont think u should put up the divider. let her hold for about 1.5 more weeks, then maybe divide up, so she is less stressed.

i hope u do get cute babies, maybe keep a couple! awww x

hahaha wowwww MBF!! i can feel the love lol & definitely choc-o-block or whatever haha

i have NO CLUE who the poppa could be .. she's so tiny that i wasn't really looking for who was 'diggin' her lol

i hope its some crazy peacock hybrid or a flameback hybrid or something nutty!! however, i know it will probably be an amorphous blob cichlid w/ the coloring of malawai turd burglar

i dont really care what they are .. its just gonna be wild seeing life start in my tank

i have a breeder net so i could save myself the trouble of the divider & probably should .. if i had room for another tank, i'd do it .. but i'm already hurting for space AND outlets lol

Yep same here nexst month I move out this apt. Too small for this household so we go bigger. And so are the tanks 10g 29g and 55g I bought a few weeks ago the 55g now my wife wants 125 from the tax monney. Lucky me. More fish keeping. Ooooh joy. More shopping too do and more exstention cords. And all that comes with it lol 2 dogs 2 kids bunch of fry kids me and my wife hahahaha. Back braking. We start too pack already

i'm def starting to get excited

she's so small that its almost impossible to see anything when she opens her mouth

i'm gonna wait a few more days then i'll put her in the breeder net

thanks for the help homies!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom