johanni looking a little funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you did something else other than adding your tank water?
The water doesnt have enough bacteria to start a new tank.

I would put some filtermedia from your big tank in there (in a filternet or something and put it somewhere there is waterflow)

Also some deco from your main tank will help.

If you did that just ignore this :) otherwise you could lose your litle cutiepie's deu to cycling reasons.

+1^ there isn't much bb in the water column so your best bet would be filter media. You should test the water in your smaller tank and see how it's doing, I would imagine that without much bacteria, that the amm and nitrites would be present. No bueno. Keep us updated!!

ronnieroach said:
couldnt really my pads are bigger than the 10s filter .. should i rinse it and put it in the rock bag???

Sounds good, you need some kind of media to seed the filter that's in there. Just make sure that you rinse them with tank water only.

Why rinse it? The dirtyer the better!
Squise it out in the fry tank and if you could put it in the bag but there has to be some sort of adequate flow in the bag.

Ps: dont f*ck up the friendly bacteria in your big tank or you have 2 problems!!

If your unsure of what you are doing then just let the fry in the breeder net for a week and then test the water. Maybe leave 2 of them in the fry tank so the filter has some food.

levels are perfecto in the fry tank: ammo 0, nitrites 0

i added a filter pad to the fry tank & the bubbler is under it pushing through but w/ my set up thats the best i can do.

& how would i mess up my big tank?

By taking to much out of the filter or by not turning it on again lol

What are your nitrAtes? If that increased and ammo and nitrite are 0 in a day or 2 then you will be fine i think but dont mess with nature or it will hunt you down :p

Also dont feed much the first days.

Fready said:
By taking to much out of the filter or by not turning it on again lol

What are your nitrAtes? If that increased and ammo and nitrite are 0 in a day or 2 then you will be fine i think but dont mess with nature or it will hunt you down :p

Also dont feed much the first days.

well i have two filters w/ a total of 8 pads so the one pad shouldn't make a difference

the fry are already in & seem to be doing fine .. i haven't lost any yet but they've only been in for about 5 hrs

& i learned quickly they wouldn't eat right away, as i already tried to feed them lol a few ate but i don't think they all did

i haven't tested my 'trAtes yet though as i'm having a small allergic reaction to something, but i'm guessing its ok LOL

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!! i don't know too much about cycling & i know even less about fry ;)

UPDATE - FRY TANK AMMO SPIKE

my ammo in the fry tank jumped to .50 overnight so i did a 75% change .. i don't have a lot of test chemicals left so i was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to test again, after another pwc.

does everyone agree this should be ok??

i also dipped one of my older filter pads into the water for some extra bacteria & moved the gravel bag / filter pad under the filters output so it was getting a better flow through it

Its to risky to let the fry in there imo

I would put them in your main tank in a net until the tank is stable.

Back
Top Bottom