Labs and Rustys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbmeinen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am debating on selling off my group of Demasoni I have with some labs and rustys. Looking for suggestions of other malawis to put with them.

Attachments

• image-1912828760.jpg
    image-1912828760.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1162148267.jpg
    image-1162148267.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 79
Would like to stay with some dwarf mbunas

Have you looked at Pseudotropheus Saulosi? Don't put with demasoni but if you sell they'll do we'll. females are beautiful yellow orange and males transform to blue black. I wouldn't mix labidochromis together as they may hybridize but if you have a large group of each then could be ok. Look at chisumulae (clown labs) and exasperatus. Maingano are nice, pseudo Polit are nice, metriaclima pulpican. And there's tons of different cynotilapia that are awesome. This page has info on all of them.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=2.

Have you looked at Pseudotropheus Saulosi? Don't put with demasoni but if you sell they'll do we'll. females are beautiful yellow orange and males transform to blue black. I wouldn't mix labidochromis together as they may hybridize but if you have a large group of each then could be ok. Look at chisumulae (clown labs) and exasperatus. Maingano are nice, pseudo Polit are nice, metriaclima pulpican. And there's tons of different cynotilapia that are awesome. This page has info on all of them.

Cichlid Profiles

x2 on this, get rid of the demasoni and get some nicer malawi mbuna in there! id go with a mix of red zebras, yellow labs, white labs, yellow top afra cobue, maybe a single yellow tail acei, or a single hongi island kimpuma, and a few nice peacocks like a ruby red, a yellow sunshine, or a sunburst. thats what i have in my 75g and its just popping with color.

Back
Top Bottom