Looking for stocking advice on 3 aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Figment

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I am in the process of stocking and adjusting a 125 and two 55s. I have some of the fish already and will be getting others soon.

* means I already have the fish

-125:
6 geophagus red head tapajos (if a breeding pair forms, will move them to their own 55, making the stock here only 4)
4 angelfish (all singles) *
4 keyhole cichlids (if a breeding pair forms, I will sell them) *
1 super red severum
10+ lemon tetras

-55:
Two breeding pairs of blue angelfish *

-55:
Breeding tank for a pair of geo red head tapajos

I intend to breed the angels and geos, but wish to avoid having any other species breed. That is why I will rehome 2 keyholes if a pair forms.

My main concern is with space in the 125. I am not certain I have room for all the fish listed. I will already have the breeding angels in the 55, so if I have to remove anything from the 125, the angels would be the first to go, followed by up to 2 of the keyholes if necessary.

Do you think the 125 stock list will work as it stands? I would like a large school of lemon tetras. 10 is my minimum, but I'd prefer 15 or more. How many do you think I could fit in the tank as the stocking list stands now?

I'd keep all 6 of the geos in the 125g, ditch the angels, severum, and keyholes(spread all of these fish into the other 55's), and add to the school of lemons to around 15-20. That would make a spectacular display tank in my opinion. With regards to the angels and severum I've never owned any so I can't comment on the those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom