malawi cichlid stocking for 150 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Some of you may have heard from me about stocking a 150 gallon tank with malawi cichlids. I don't want to get locked into mbunas but I would like some of them. I'm more interested in peacocks and haps. Are there some drop-dead gorgeous fish that absolutely must go in such a tank? If I overstock a little, how far can I go with malawi cichlids? I'm planning on using a wet/dry sump filter, maybe a canister, and my Penguin 350 BioWheel for filtration. Should I go for 1000+ gph?

You already know my opinion on which Mbuna's I absolutely love. In regards to haps, I have a male Copadichromis azureus that is absolutely stunning in color. He shimmers in the light. The Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka" is another one. The pic on Malawi Mayhem's site looks different than the one that I have. But still similar. There are so many other beautiful haps out there. Check out your area and see what is available. I have experience with the two mentioned, thats why I suggested them. They make great "community" African tankmates.

Thanks again fishy! I'm gonna keep checking around as I have "PLENTY" of time before anything gets decided.

Back
Top Bottom