My new baby angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just brought home two new babies, Jack and Jill they are soooooo cute when they are little too bad they don't stay that way:) They are sticking to each other like glue. My big male at first didn't know what to think but now he has kind of just brused them off and ignoes them.

Everyone, lets give a big, collective " Dern you! " to Alli :p

Cause shes got me considering making the empty 30gal in my sig to an angel tank.

lol, I hear ya William! I never really wanted angels til I heard them talked about so much and kept seeing pics of Alli's :p

*smirks*

Its not my fault! Its the angel's; they're addictive LOL

When I was in high school. my best friend's dad raised angelfish. I could have cared less; Barry and I were more interested in Pink Floyd. Wasn't until someone gave me a free 8g hex tank 2 yrs ago that I even had an interest, and wasn't until last year until the bug hit. But when it hits, oi! LOL Now I have a goal to own at least one of every color morph; I have 5 now and I'm not even halfway there LOL

You're crazy! :) Are these all the varities of angelfish, Alli? Do you have a good link with photos? I'm not sure what variety I'd like to try.

Silver
This is the normal coloring of wild Angel. The body is white with 4 dark vertical bars running through it. The first passes through the eye, the second usually is in front of the top and bottom fin, the third is usually through the top and bottom fin and the fourth is at the start of the tail fin. There may or may not be faint dark bars running parallel between the darker ones. Some specimens have black speckles over the top half of the body.

ZebraThese are much like the Silvers, but they have more vertical stripes which continue on right through the tail.

Black Lace
Black Lace are the steppingstones to the solid black variety. The main difference between Black Lace and Silvers is the intensity of color especially on the fins where you will see a lace like effect. In mating 2 Black Lace, you can expect to produce 25% Black, 50% Black Lace and 25% Silver. The Black fry are especially fragile and a lot of times don't survive to free swimming and if they do, should be separated from their more vigorous littermates.

Black
These fish are a solid, velvety black. In mating a Black to a Black Lace you can expect 50% Black and 50% Black Lace and if you mate Black to Black you can expect 100% Black.

Half Black
Half Blacks are just that. Their bodies are white in the front and the black cuts right through the top and bottom fins right through the tail.

Veiltail
Veiltail Angels have very elongated fins and come in all color varieties. If a Veil Angel and a Silver are bred, you can expect 50% Veil and 50% Silver. Breed 2 Veils and you can expect 25% ordinary Angels, 50% Veil and 25% Long Tailed Veil which will have even longer fins and tails than the Veil. Breeding 2 Long Tailed Veils will produce 100% Long Tailed Veils, but they are not as hearty nor are the spawns as large. Some Veils have such long fins that they become bent or at worst broken.

Marble
Instead of having the ordinary black bars, these fish have a broken pattern of black and silver that is best described as Marble. In the head and back region there may be undertones of golden while the fins have rays of black and white. A breeding of a Marble with a Black Lace will produce some fry which are Black Lace Marble, having characteristics of both parents.

Golden
Goldens may range from a solid silvery white to a golden color with no other markings. Over the head and back area is usually a mantle of gold.

Blushing
Blushing Angels have a red cheek area and no pattern on a white body and are reported to be the most delicate.

Pearl Scale
Pearl Scale Angels have bumpy almost rough looking scales and come in many color varieties.

Oh oh oh, I want albino, gold marble, green hybrid, halfback, koi, sunset blushing, marble, and streaked :mrgreen:

And my BF just said he doesn't like discus. He thinks they're ugly. omg...

I love my angels, Silver, Black Veil, and Koi. My girl, the Koi, is one of the prettiest Angels around. Well, IMO, anyway!

Hmmm. I think I need to start another thread...

Back
Top Bottom